Pascal has more than 25 years experience in the submarine cable business.
He has been successively involved in both Telecom and Oil & Gas projects.
Pascal has a solid understanding of industrialisation and manufacturing issues and a deep insight in matters related to costs and marketing of submarine cables. Main features of Mr. Gournay’s career to date include:
- Submarine cable projects (1990-2003 and 2005-2007): As Project Manager for Alcatel Submarine Networks , he has been in charge of various projects such as SMW2, Columbus, SMW3, ITUR, BSFOCS, FLAG ATLANTIC 1 and FALCON.
- Oil and Gas Offshore projects( 2003-2004) : As Project Manager for STOLT Offshore, Engineering, Supply and Installation of Offshore Oil and Gas equipment, he has been in charge of West Africa projects studies and bids
- Telecom systems for Oil & Gas (2007-2010) :Marketing Area Manager for Russia-CIS at DUONS
- AXIOM (2010 to now) : Among various projects and tasks within AXIOM, Mr Gournay has been in charge of the following:
- DDSCN (RFQ to implementation)
- Silphium (RFQ to start of implementation)
- Macau SEA-ME-WE 3 cable rerouting
- CTBTO Hydro-acoustic projects (Independent expert studies and project monitoring)
- SJC2 Marine Working Group co-Chair
- ADC Marine Working Group co-Chair
Mr. Gournay received his Engineering degree from the Hautes Etudes d’Ingénieur School (HEI) in Lille, France.